[Koha] how to undo global due date?
jrhsigler
2012-05-30 14:30:07 UTC
Greetings,

I need some help with a problem I've encountered in the circulation rules.
About six months ago I set a global due date for May 17, the end of the
semester. Since then, we've updated Koha a couple times, and I can no longer
find the page where I set the global due date. (From my reading, it appears
that this feature has been replaced with circ rules?) The system is still
maintaining the May 17 due date. I'm not sure how to reset this. In the
meantime, every time I check out a book, I have to confirm the action and
manually create due dates. All books checked out now are immediately overdue

I've made sure that there are no hard due dates set in the circulation
rules, but this hasn't made any difference.

Thanks for your time and help!

Chris Cormack
2012-05-30 21:08:53 UTC
Post by jrhsigler
Greetings,
I need some help with a problem I've encountered in the circulation rules.
About six months ago I set a global due date for May 17, the end of the
semester. Since then, we've updated Koha a couple times, and I can no longer
find the page where I set the global due date. (From my reading, it appears
that this feature has been replaced with circ rules?) The system is still
maintaining the May 17 due date. I'm not sure how to reset this. In the
meantime, every time I check out a book, I have to confirm the action and
manually create due dates. All books checked out now are immediately overdue
I've made sure that there are no hard due dates set in the circulation
rules, but this hasn't made any difference.
Can you find the systempreference in the localuse tab? Try looking in
that tab under systempreferences

If not, you can change it in the db.

Chris
jrhsigler
2012-05-31 16:16:18 UTC
Thanks, I looked in 'local use' but didn't see any options for changing
global due dates. I'm at Koha 3.8 now, but set the global due date when I
had 3.4 running.

Do you have a sample sql statement that I can use to update the database
directly?

Thank you!

Chris Cormack
2012-05-31 21:14:29 UTC
Post by jrhsigler
Thanks, I looked in 'local use' but didn't see any options for changing
global due dates. I'm at Koha 3.8 now, but set the global due date when I
had 3.4 running.
Do you have a sample sql statement that I can use to update the database
directly?
Thank you!
Hi,

Sorry about the slow reply, timezones are a pain.

Ok the variable is called ceilingDueDate

So

DELETE FROM systempreferences WHERE variable ='ceilingDueDate';

Will kill that line completely.

There is also globalDueDate

DELETE FROM systempreferences WHERE variable ='globalDueDate';

To get rid of it

However if you wanted to file a bug also, because there must be code
still referencing the old dead syspref, that we need to purge.

So bonus points if you go to bugs.koha-community.org and add a bug
something like "Vestiges of code still refer to deprecated syspref
globalDueDate"

Its in C4/Circulation.pm that the bad code is so you could at that,
and then someone can write a patch to clean it up, extra super mega
bonus points if you write the patch too :)

Chris
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238
Ian Walls
2012-06-01 18:28:54 UTC
ceilingDueDate and globalDueDate shouldn't be in your 3.8 system; they were
deleted as part of the database update that moved them to the circulation
matrix (issuingrules table).

You should be able to re-enter your rules in the Circulation and Fines
rules area under the Administration. You'll have to do this for all your
rules, which could be a pain. What might be easier is:

UPDATE issuingrules SET hardduedate = 'XXXX-YY-ZZ' WHERE hardduedate =
'2012-05-17';

Where 'XXXX-YY-ZZ' is the new global due date you want to set for all
materials. If you want finer grain control (only applying a global due
date for certain item types, patrons or branches), you'll need to either
use the Circulation and Fines editor in Admin, or add a series of
additional WHERE clauses to the query.

Hope this helps,

-Ian
Post by jrhsigler
--
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/how-to-undo-global-due-date-tp5714544p5714621.html
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238
Chris Cormack
2012-06-01 18:35:34 UTC
Post by Ian Walls
ceilingDueDate and globalDueDate shouldn't be in your 3.8 system; they were
deleted as part of the database update that moved them to the
circulation
matrix (issuingrules table).
Yep but if for whatever reason this didn't run or failed the code still refers to at least one of them. That's a legit bug we need to tidy up.

Chris
Post by Ian Walls
You should be able to re-enter your rules in the Circulation and Fines
rules area under the Administration. You'll have to do this for all your
UPDATE issuingrules SET hardduedate = 'XXXX-YY-ZZ' WHERE hardduedate =
'2012-05-17';
Where 'XXXX-YY-ZZ' is the new global due date you want to set for all
materials. If you want finer grain control (only applying a global due
date for certain item types, patrons or branches), you'll need to either
use the Circulation and Fines editor in Admin, or add a series of
additional WHERE clauses to the query.
Hope this helps,
-Ian
Post by jrhsigler
--
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/how-to-undo-global-due-date-tp5714544p5714621.html
Post by Chris Cormack
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238
Chris Cormack
2012-06-01 23:13:23 UTC
Thanks for the help,
I checked the database and there was a ceilingDueDate and a
GlobalDueDate set in the systempreferences table. I deleted those rows
from the database and verified that they're gone.
We only have one circulation rule defined so I also deleted it and
recreated it. The circulation rule does not have a hard due date
defined and simply specifies a 21 day loan period.
Unfortunately, we're still experiencing the same problem. When books
are checked out, they're still assigned a due date of 5/17/2012.
Any other suggestions? I verified that the server's system date is correct.
You could try

UPDATE issuingrules SET hardduedate = NULL WHERE hardduedate = '2012-05-17';

Actually just check issuingrules to make sure you do indeed only have
that one rule. If not, that would be your problem.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
Eric Sigler
2012-06-15 02:41:12 UTC
There was a hard due date set in the issuingrules table and clearing
out the hardduedate fixed the problem. Thanks for the help! Sorry for
the delay in responding. We're using koha at a school library and
somehow the urgency drops once summer vacation starts. ;-)

Should I still open a defect for the original issue?

Eric
Post by Chris Cormack
[...]
Eric Sigler

Chris Cormack